Guildford Surrey wedding & portrait photographer Chris Mann
Storytelling photography and a relaxed, friendly approach
Your wedding or portrait session deserves the best - as a professional “people” photographer for more than fifteen years, I bring all my expertise and experience to your wedding or family photo shoot. My aim is always to make you feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. Wedding clients often comment on my unobtrusive style, and portrait clients appreciate my unfussy and friendly approach.
I use my expertise with natural light and flash to create a blend of posed and unposed images for you.
I am based near Guildford in Surrey but also photograph weddings and events in Hampshire, Sussex, London and throughout the UK. I am also happy to travel if you are getting married overseas - I have photographed weddings in the Caribbean, USA, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East.
Get in touch to find out how I can help you record some special memories.
Sunday 5th March 2017
Come and visit my stand at the Guildford Wedding Show at the Holiday Inn - I'd love to hear about your wedding plans and I'll have albums, big prints and slideshows for you to look at.
Holiday Inn Guildford Egerton Road Guildford GU2 7XZ
I look forward to meeting you!
“One of the World’s Top 100 Photographers”
Wedding Photographer Society
Find out more about how I can capture your special day.
Discover my creative, no-stress family portrait sessions.
Featured on the Blog
- 25th August 2016A summer's day, a happy and relaxed couple, ceremony in a pretty church in a Surrey town just a few miles from me... sounds like a plan! Claire and Matthew were married at St. Mary & St. Nicholas Church in Leatherhead, Surrey. The church is the ...
- 5th January 2016Well there's nothing like winning an award to start a new year off the right way... I was excited to get an email the other day from the organisers of the Wedisson Awards to say I had won the final round of their competition for 2015. ...
- 23rd December 2016You might not think of winter as being a good time for a portrait session - but actually as long as it's not pouring with rain it can be as good a time as any! Winter days tend to be overcast which provides nice soft even light. This is more ...
- 25th December 2016A perfect sunny day, a gorgeous bride and bridesmaids, some handsome men in uniform, and the stunning locations of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and Farnham Castle to work with - what more could a photographer want for a spectacular wedding? ...
- 4th January 2017Most weddings tend to happen in spring and summer - obviously the weather has a lot to do with that. Longer days and warmer temperatures make it easier to have events outdoors and there are fewer worries about travel. But a winter wedding has a ...
- 20th July 2015If I had to pick one word to sum up this wedding I think it would be "joyful". Weddings are often stressful affairs - there is so much to organise ahead of the big day, and sometimes this carries over into the day itself - but John and Jason and ...
- 12th August 2016The English Lake District is one of my favourite places, so I was delighted to be asked to photograph Kinga and Shiral's wedding at the Lodore Falls Hotel in Borrowdale. The hotel is right next to the famous waterfall that cascades down the hillside ...
- 30th June 2013Harpreet and Tim's Syon Park wedding combined the best traditions of two cultures. Their Sikh ceremony took place in the newly-built Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Southall, followed by a civil ceremony in the Robert Adam-designed Great Hall at ...
- 29th December 2014With a winter wedding you always wonder if the weather is going to be on your side or not - fortunately for Maddie & Daniel's special day at The Elvetham in Hampshire the temperature was an unseasonably warm 15C and the sun shone from a clear blue ...
- 26th September 2016This wedding was a special pleasure to photograph, as my nephew Tom married the lovely Julie at Islington Town Hall. Family and friends gathered including a good contingent of Julie's relations from Winnipeg, Canada. The weather decided to be a ...
- 12th June 2016Great people, a great venue, and... typical English weather - well two out of three isn't bad! It didn't actually rain on Katy & Dean's wedding day, but it was that classic English mix of overcast skies with a hint of sunshine here and there. The ...
- 15th June 2016When I was asked by my colleague Ryan Browne to help out with covering Bobbie and Prav's wedding in Cheshire, I was happy to say "yes". Asian weddings in general and Hindu ceremonies in particular are always such happy and colourful occasions. Also ...
- “Just to let you know, we’ve received the album and we love it! It looks great – just what we’d hoped for. Thank you so much for all your work on it (and for the extra photo too!).”
Katharine and Stephen
- “Chris is reliable, professional and was great to work with. We were both very apprehensive about having our photos taken, but Chris made the experience very relaxed and comfortable. We are really pleased with our wedding photos and have enjoyed showing them to friends and family. Many of our wedding guests made positive comments about Chris during and after the wedding and we would highly recommend him.”
Liz & Jonathan
- “I just wanted to say it was an absolute delight working with you at the wedding. You have an easy going personality and really made the picture taking experience relaxed, easy and fun.”
Lindsey & Drew
- “Thank you… thank you… thank you. The pictures turned out beautiful and truly captured everything special about our day. We have gotten so many compliments on them. You did a great job!”
Sharon & Mark
- “Your photos of our wedding are wonderful. Just as we had hoped, a mixture of formal and informal, capturing all the special moments of the day. Thank you so much.”
Stephen & Kate
- “Thank you so much for being our photographer and for making such a perfect record of our day. You seem to have managed to be everywhere at once; to document all the important moments. We are especially pleased with the romantic shots and enjoyed having some quiet time for just us. The slideshow is very popular with family and friends and a great summary of the day. Thank you again.”
Matthew & Claire
Award-winning Documentary Photography
My skills have been recognized by Awards of Excellence from Wedding & Portrait Photographers International, Wedding Photography Select, and the Wedisson Awards. I am honoured to be rated one of the World’s Top 100 Photographers by the Wedding Photographer Society.
Give me a call or send an email if you’d like to know more about how I can help you.